POSSIBLE RECESSION CURVE APPLICATIONS FOR RETENTION EVALUATION
 
More details
Hide details
1
Instytut Melioracji Kształtowania Środowiska i Geodezji, Uniwersytet Przyrodniczy w Poznaniu, ul. Piątkowska 94, Poznań
Publish date: 2015-11-15
 
Inż. Ekolog. 2015; 45:169–175
KEYWORDS
ABSTRACT
The objective of the article was to present possible applications of recession flow curve in a small lowland watershed retention discharge size evaluation. The examined woodland micro catchment area of 0.52 sq km is located in Puszcza Zielonka in central Wielkopolska. The Hutka catchment is typically woody with high retention abilities. The catchment of the Hutka watercourse is forested in 89%, the other 11% is covered by swamps and wasteland. The predominant sites are fresh mixed coniferous forest (BMśw), fresh coniferous forest (Bśw) and alder carr forest (Ol). Landscape in catchment is characterized by a large number of interior depressions, filled partly with rainwater or peatbogs, with poorly developed natural drainage. The watercourses do not exceed 1 km in length, the mean width is approx. 0.5 m, while mean depth ranges from 0.2 to 0.3 m. During hydrological research conducted in 1997/1998–1999/2000, 35 major (characteristic) raised water stages were observed in Hutka after substantial precipitation. The recession curve dating from 18–24 September 2000 has the α and n rates nearest to average. Comparing the model curve and the curve created by observing watercourse flow, one can notice their resemblance and that they have similar ordinate values as well as shape. In the case of other recession curves, the maximum differences of ordinate values are also about 0.1–0.2 l/s/km2. The measuured α and n rates do not reveal any regularities. There are no significant statistical Horton model parameter (for recession flow curves) dependencies between α and n and e.g. initial flows (Qo) or the whole period of high water waves (Qp). Consequently, calculated relation between these parameters is only an approximation for the general evaluation of the retention discharge in the catchment area towards retention with flow function.
 
REFERENCES (12)
1.
Chałmicki W., Wolski W. 1978. Porównanie i ocena przydatności metod wydzielenia odpływu podziemnego w zlewniach górskich. Folia Geogr. Ser. Geogr. Phys. 11, 111–121.
 
2.
Gutry-Korycka M. 1994. Odpływ powierzchniowy jako funkcja retencji podpowierzchniowej. Przegląd Geofiz. XXXIX, 4, 359–373.
 
3.
Jokiel P. 1994. Zastosowanie wzorcowej krzywej wysychania do oceny zasobów wodnych wód podziemnych zlewni i ich odnawialności. Wiadomości IMGW, t. 17, z. 1, 31–51.
 
4.
Kiciński T. 1962. Krzywe opadania wysychania przepływów. Zeszyt. Nauk. SGGW, Melioracje Rolne nr 5.
 
5.
Kosturkiewicz A., Piechocki T. 1979. Krzywa opadania przepływów w okresach bezdeszczowych w małej zlewni nizinnej. Prace Komisji Nauk Rolniczych i Komisji Nauk Leśnych, t. XLVIII, 33–38.
 
6.
Kosturkiewicz A., Czopor S., Korytowski M., Stasik R., Szafrański Cz. 2002. Odpływy i retencja siedlisk leśnych w małych zlewniach. Rocz. AR Pozn. CCCXLII, Melior. Inż. Środ. 23, 217–227.
 
7.
Lambor J. 1962. Metody prognoz hydrologicznych. WKiŁ, Warszawa.
 
8.
Langbein W.B. 1940. Channel-storage and unit-hydrograph studies. Am. Geoph. Union Trans., 21, Washington.
 
9.
Liberacki D. 2009. Zmienność przepływów w małym cieku leśnym. Roczniki Ochrony Środo-wiska, tom 11, 1201–1211.
 
10.
Liberacki D., Korytowski M. 2010. Zmienność stanów wód gruntowych w wybranych siedli-skach leśnych na obszarze Wielkopolski, w latach o różnym przebiegu warunków meteorologicz-nych. Współczesne problemy gospodarki wodnej i eksploatacji systemów melioracyjnych. Zeszyty Problemowe Postępów Nauk Rolniczych, z. 548, t. II, 347–358.
 
11.
Stasik R, Szafrański Cz. Korytowski M, Liberacki D. 2007. Dynamika zmian przepływu w małych ciekach nizinnych. Międzynarodowa konferencja naukowa ENVIRO 2006, Kraków Dobczyce. Formatio Circumiectus Acta Sci. Pol. S., 6(1), 15–25.
 
12.
Wrzesiński D. 1999. Struktura odpływu rzecznego w dorzeczu Warty na tle sezonowości zjawisk hydroklimatycznych. PTPN, Poznań, ss. 155.